Saturday, July 10, 2021

dark and dreary sewing, dark and dreary Saturday

the weather has been a bit rainy and dreary around here this week, but no complaints from me! i'm pleased with the sewing i was able to do this week (mostly squeezed into a marathon late night last night, but that's ok!) 


7 wonky, twinkly stars added to the pile (grey, brown, tan and black)  

*i forgot to take a picture of the brights/black twinkly star... 


i did some more of the donuts and shoo fly blocks as well, in the darker colors. 


my darker blue efforts can be seen here  and here, JICYMI. when i planned on my shoo fly blocks and donuts as my RSC21 project, i pulled a *rather large* piece of yardage from my stash. (3++ yards, i think!) and thought that would be plenty to finish out the year...



 turns out, not quite! so these blocks are on a slight hold, until more fabric comes. i'm thankful for my KONA color card board, and a match was easily, quickly and confidently found, with no agonizing wondering if i was actually picking the correct color. the matching grey is KONA Lighthouse- a new color for me. 

make sure to go see what everyone else is working on- you're sure to be inspired!

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great job on fitting that Dark Neutral sewing into your jam packed week, Jennifer!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin