Friday, March 22, 2019

someone to love it...

my normal morning routine is to make my cup of coffee, and browse through some quilty blogs while i'm staring and sipping... one of my favorites is Sarah, at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


and as my regular reader(s) will know, i'm an avid participant in Angie's RainbowScrapChallenge. this year is my 6th year working through my scraps color-by-color, and i'm not tired of it yet! i've managed to make MANY quilts, and a great deal of them are scrappy and/or made from 3" squares. 


i don't have a lot of IRL quilting friends, so i really enjoy the camaraderie, companionship and inspiration of the quilting/blogging/Instagram community. 


this scrappy pinwheel quilt was started as part of RSC15 (!) and was completed in June of 2017. it's a big'un, (101" X 117") so it's been in my quilting closet ever since... many of my quilts go for charity donation- mainly MCC, but when i saw that one of the Hands2Help charities this year, the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project was specifically looking for larger quilts, it was a match made in heaven!


i was matched with a long-arm quilter, Sally F, in WI, and after getting the backing pieced, it's ready to mail off to her today.


you might remember (but probably don't!) that i often do a Great Quilt Gifting when my children gather together for a holiday or special occasion. we've done that a couple times. originally, B (my youngest) had chosen this Pinwheel Quilt in December of 2017. 

when i told her about the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project, she was happy (and generous!) to swap out the Pinwheel Quilt for my recently completed Growing Up Odd quilt

so now 2 LARGE quilts will have happy homes, and i'm super thrilled about that!

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray!

Cathy said...

I love that pinwheel quilt! What a lovely and huge gift. I’ve got one going to the Carolina Hurricane Project, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a generous donation for one of my fellow North Carolinians!! Thank you!

Wendy F said...

What a wonderful big pinwheel quilt! I'm sure it will be loved when it reaches its' new recipient. Thanks for sharing!

maggie fellow said...

that is a great block for the rainbow challenge, and very pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin