Friday, March 22, 2019

somebody to love me...

for a RSC18 (or 17?) project, i started these holiday patchwork forest blocks. after a few months, my enthusiasm petered out. 


i had even entertained the thought/intention of making 6 of these (in red/green/white) for my children as a Christmas gift. (!)


sadly, that never happened, and i can see that these blocks, while i like them a lot, i don't honestly like them enough to see them into a completed quilt top.


so, for the first time ever, i'm participating in Cynthia's Quilty Orphan Adoption. (and please don't think it's because i don't have any other orphans/UFOs. that's not the case!)


there are 26 of these Christmas trees: they're about 8" X 10". Free mailing within the USA. you can finish them for yourself, a gift, or for charity- any finish is great! (please share a picture of the completed quilt- i'd love to see it!!!) if more than one person wants to give this {potential} quilt a loving home, we'll draw a name randomly on Monday, March 25. make sure i can contact you! 

8 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

I'm also giving away some projects in the adoption event, so I'm not going to throw my name in the hat for your adorable trees, but I did sign up as a follower after reading back through a couple months of your blog. I love what you make! Be well!

Erin

Cory said...

I would life to adopt your forest. I will use it for my Hugs Ministry of my church. We make quilts, pair them with a stuffies and give them to the local fire asks sheriff's departments for kids in crisis situations. Cjcal4now@yahoo.com is the best email address.

Anonymous said...

I do a lot of charity sewing and would love to adopt your blocks. Thanks darlene dhoctor@sbcglobal.net

Rachel C said...

I think these trees are beautiful and would love to adopt them :)
Thanks for the fun giveaway!
rach62803(at)yahoo(dot)com

Mari said...

We all know how it is when you lose enthusiasm for a project! The trees are great and I'd love to make them into a Hands to Help quilt. Thanks for offering them up!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Looks like your little trees are going to find a great home and have a special purpose. How wonderful! Thanks for participating in the event!

Nann said...

Oh, I do like those wonky trees -- the varied colors really sparkle. I make a holiday quilt for my AAUW branch every year. The raffle proceeds support AAUW programs [such as the pay equity initiative shown on my Quilty Orphan post]. Please enter me in the draw! nbhilyard @ att.net [blog: withstringsattached . blogspot . com ]

Jennifer said...

thanks to ALL of you for taking the time to read, and for the wonderful offers to adopt my poor trees! Mari was the lucky winner, and we'll be getting those blocks mailed out to her this week. BONUS: they'll also be going to Hands2Help!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin