Saturday, January 27, 2018

well, that's odd... and Just One More!

a bit of sewing this week- not much, but whatever happens, the 3" squares never seem to get any less...
 
a new project for me for RSC18 is the Growing Up Odd quilt, found over at Deanna's blog, Wedding Dress Blue.

 
I've lots and lots of blues, so there were 5 blocks made this month.

 
 I've even made myself a high-tech scrawled drawing to color and count as I piece along. this will be a large quilt when it's done, (aren't they all?!) but I'm excited to see all those squares playing nicely together...


last year for RSC17 I made the low volume plus blocks in each color of the month. (3" squares again still) I laid this out on the living room floor this morning (this is not the final layout. the girls have already switched a few squares around...) and I'm 1 square short for a 5X6 layout!
 
I have an idea for that 30th square: I want to do it the opposite of all the others: a colored plus, with the low volume background. these blocks have been stalled for a couple months now, and I'm wondering if anyone can help a poor quilter out? (ha!)
 
I'm envisioning my plus for the final block to be a dark fabric, with rainbows. maybe the arc of the rainbow on a blue background? or rainbow striped fabric? it needs to read as a dark, or at the least a medium to work. I don't have any of that in my stash. does anybody have a rainbow-esque fabric that will work? I need just 5 3" squares.
 
I'd be grateful and appreciative if anyone is willing to share some squares. I'll park my address here for a couple days (you guys are the only ones who read my blog anyway...) and then I'll take it down.
 
thanks in advance! and be sure to click on over and see all the other scrappy goodness going on this week.
 
 

5 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilt and the 30th block idea is a great one! Saddly I don't have any rainbow fabric, but I will take a look at my stash and see if something is close

Suzanne said...

Your quilt is so beautiful, and the idea you have for the last block is brilliant. I wonder how many squares you'll receive?!?

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'll take a look at my stash in the morning. Pretty sure there is something rainbow-y in there.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE both of those projects!! May have something rainbow-esque in my stash. Off to check...

Ellen said...

I don't think I have what you are looking for. :( Your quilt is going to look great - good luck with finding some rainbow prints to finish it.

Thank you for the link to the scrappy quilt. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin