Friday, November 03, 2017

The geese are finally flying north!

hard believe, but in looking back over my blog and previous posts about this quilt, I started this CW Flying Geese in the winter of 2010. yikes! (at least it's completed in the same decade, which is more than I can say for some of my UFOs....)

I've blogged about this quilt before, and you can read all about it here and here.


this quilt turned out quite large: 103" X 117". (yikes, again!)

a few years ago, I started a quilty tradition: every time my children are all together (all 6 of them) I've been doing a "Quilt Gifting": they each get to choose a quilt top that I've pieced of their liking. i'll provide the backing also, and then it's up to them to get it quilted, as time and budget allows.

 
I plan on doing a "Quilt Gifting" again this December when we're all together, so I thought it was time to get it off the hanger, and into a quilt. (ammiright?!)
 
 
I still have a tidy little pile of the geese fabrics left, as well as some of the background and brown border. I'm thinking that this quilt will be just what my daughter and son-in-law are looking for. if that's the case, I'll make a matching baby quilt for their room and the new baby. (due in March)
 
linking up to Judy's for the 2017 UFO challenge and Angela's for RSC17. (since this month IS brown, right?)
 

8 comments:

Monica said...

It looks great! There's something so charming about brown. :D

The Joyful Quilter said...

Rainbow, but not bright and in your face. It's lovely!

PaulaB quilts said...

A lovely traditional quilt, looks warm and cozy already. Congrats on this late bloomer.

Katie Z. said...

I love your quilt! It’s so charming.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the way you have the geese moving in that quilt! It's beautiful and will make a lively gift!

Linda said...

Love the traditional strippy quilt you made with your flying geese. Excellent idea to let your children choose a quilt, then you know they like it. Congratulations on the expected grandchild.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great flying geese quilt. It is good to finish it before it is too mature.

Anonymous said...

Creating a strip quilt is on my ever growing list of projects that I want to make. Love your flying geese version!

Great gift giving idea, too! You get all the fun of piecing the wonderful tops, and the kids get to choose what they like!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin