Saturday, March 06, 2021

the GREEN, she was overflowing!

so. much. green. yikes! but i worked through the whole pile of my 3" squares, and sewed all my planned blocks for RSC21. (and i'm also very happy that i've managed to "get rid" of all the darker/muted greens, leaving the bright and clear greens for my RSC projects.)

my preferences, and my stash has changed in the last 7 years or so... 

5 wonky stars blocks and 86 individual greens. (see above: YIKES!) 

donuts and shoo fly blocks were done, too. 


and last, but not least, the "waffle blocks". the lighting was overcast this morning; the brown is a nice, rich chocolat-y Swiss dot. 



 

12 comments:

Deanna said...

My greens are overflowing, too. A green quilt is DEFINITELY a needed future project.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I have lots of green too! Love all your RSC blocks!

scraphappy said...

Stashes do evolve over time. It feels to good to use up the old shades and make room for more. And it resulted in some great looking blocks too!

Kathy S. said...

My shades change color over time as well. I'm starting to allow myself to cut into the "good stuff" instead of saving it for something special. Love all those stars and that you kept similar color families together.

Ivani said...

Pretty green blocks for this week, Jennifer, but those star blocks are my favorites they are really shinning!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your star blocks - so pretty in the different greens! The waffle blocks with the dark brown strips are a great example of sorting those little green scraps into like shades. That worked really well for the look of the blocks!

Julie in GA said...

Your green blocks are all so pretty! I especially like the wonky stars.

grammajudyb said...

I really want to do wonky stars also! Do you use various lights or are they a consistent fabric?

Jenny said...

Havent you been sewing up a storm, so many pretty green blocks!

quiltingbydawn said...

My greens are overflowing...actually pretty much all my scraps are overflowing. Oh well, more scrap quilts to make! Your wonky stars are nice as well as your shoo fly and donut blocks. I'm also doing Shoo Fly but a wonky version!

maggie fellow said...

fun blocks

The Joyful Quilter said...

Outstanding selection of GREEN scraps, Jennifer!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin