Sunday, January 17, 2021

i have a few things to say about PINK:

#1: i think i say this about many of the colors (like red, blue, green and brown) but HOW DID I GET SO MUCH PINK?



#2: i have 12 shoo fly and donut blocks done. looking at them  now, i much rather prefer the shoo fly blocks, but the donut blocks use more of my 3" squares... 


#3- i made 2 wonky star blocks (1 more than i intended) a 5x5 and a 4x4. after i had made the first (bigger) block, i got to looking and thinking about the pile of pink squares i put back in my drawer, and decided that i should make another pink wonky stars block to use at least one of each, different pink square. 

also, i really like the random, offset quilt layouts, so at the end of the year i should have a variety of wonky stars to make into an interesting top. 



 #4: all waffle blocks are done. 4 in the dark (with brown sashing) and 4 in the pink, with the LV squares. interestingly, with all my pink squares, i was short on pink yardage and had to scrounge a bit, and be a little creative in both my choosing and cutting. 

and of course, after cutting pink rectangles for these waffle blocks,  i was left with some scraps. which get cut into 3" squares, and HERE WE GO AGAIN! 

#5: fully planning on sewing along with Full Stop; just haven't had the time yet. i have an idea {plan} how i'm going to do it, and it will be just a bit different then all the other ones out there, too, as well as use some yardage along the way. can't wait to get started on this one! (which will be my last new RSC21 project for this year) 

also: huge shout out and THANK YOU to Suzanne of MA. she told me about the facebook group UFO BINGO, and i've already made my list and jumped in. i'm looking forward to becoming familiar with more quilty friends, AND getting some of those UFOs knocked off. 




4 comments:

LA Paylor said...

I mentioned to my friend Joy(fulquilter) that I am in love with donkeys and am on a mission to one day own land to share with a couple of them. She turned me on to your blog... what! Quilting plus donkey? woohoo
LeeAnna at not afraid of color blog

Susie H said...

All your projects look so pretty. I's say you're definitely in the pink! I too plan on making my Full Stop blocks this week or next!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! Are there any PINK squares remaining in the suitcase, Jennifer?!?! SEW many scrappy blocks!!! :o))

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of fun pink blocks there! Will the shooflies and donut blocks go in the same quilt? They could make a neat design together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin