Sunday, September 17, 2017

a little bit of catch up....

life got a little crazy there for a couple weeks, but it's starting to calm down. (I'm a pretty transparent person; it's usually fairly easy to tell, 'cause my instagram and Facebook pictures start leaning more towards quilts and/or fabric, and less towards veggies...)

 
my blues were  pretty crazy- as Angie says, that's often a heavy color for us quilters. I was no exception. 75 crumb blocks later, and I'm calling it done!
 

I've been collecting my low volume crumbs for a few years. this is my 4th year piecing along with the RSC, and I'm pretty sure it's the first I've used my LVs.  they were definitely on the crazy side- filling 4 jars, and then a large aluminum colander. (food service size) I "tamed" them, so to speak, and have 74 crumb blocks, and a half filled gallon jar remains for another project... (or two, or three...)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Are you going to mix the blues and LVs to make a Crumb quilt?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Can't WAIT to see what plans you are concocting for these RSC blocks!!!

Cathy said...

Great blocks! I bet it was a blast piecing them all. What plans do you have for them?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin