Saturday, October 08, 2016

Soon: very, very soon!!!

the babies are coming! the babies are coming!

they're not here yet, but really, really soon! can you tell I'm excited!


My son, N and his wife P, are having a baby girl mid-November. P requested a quilt that is pink and yellow. they live in WA, but P is in Tennessee this weekend for some weddings and her baby shower. I was glad to only have to mail the quilt to TN... (unfortunately, to travel from PA to TN for the baby shower is a bit much, although I would have loved to go!)
 

the quilt is all Kona cottons. it was fun to make. the backing is a blue sky Winnie-the-Pooh fabric. their nursery is decorated in Pooh bear. I made them a matching (pooh bear) crib sheet, too.

September was pink month for RSC16, so the baby quilt fits right in, right? (the baby shower isn't until tomorrow night, Sunday, but I'm pretty sure neither P nor N reads my blog....)


M had her baby shower way back in august. she's my oldest child, oldest daughter. above I'm pictured with A and B, too. A/B are the "babies" of the family- 10 and 9 respectively. they are also SUPER excited to be aunts.
 

M didn't really have too much input on her baby's quilt; I knew she was doing her nursery in owls, so I took my color inspiration from her favorite owl fabric. (which I bought yards and yards of at $4/clearance. yay, me!)

 
I fussy cut all the owls for the center of the blocks (the first AND last time I ever fussy cut fabric!) and surrounded the blocks with coordinating Kona cottons. (surprise, surprise!) the backing is the same owl fabric, and the binding is brown.
 
we have less than 3 weeks to wait for M's baby, and the little girls and I will be flying out to WA December 1. can't wait!
 
and notice Daisy the donkey? she adds that extra special touch to the photo shoots of the quilts. (and the molasses treats she gets doesn't hurt, either!)
 
 

8 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful quilts and very pretty dresses!

make.share.give said...

Nice work! Happy for all the fun additions to your family.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What fun to have babies to look forward to! Your quilts are beautiful! I especially love the colors of the plus quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such fun photos! Babies sure do bring excitement!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Daisy is a great photo shoot assistant! Happy vibrant baby quilts -- best wishes for both moms-to-be.

PaulaB quilts said...

What a wonderful time in your family's life and for you especially, Grandma. There is nothing like it. The quilts are very sweet and made with all the love in the world.

Karen said...

Adorable quilts. Congratulations Grandma. Enjoy your babies.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best wishes on the impending arrivals. They are certain to LOVE their quilts!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin