Sunday, September 17, 2017

Rainbow² !

I recently finished the RSC16 Column-Along quilt and just today completed the second (and smaller) couch version.

I'm going to call it Rainbow².


for various reasons, my quilt didn't turn out exactly square, but it's pretty close... (57"X55½")


I had a couple issues with some rows (aqua, red and green) being not the right length. some of this was due to user error; another was because of faulty math assumptions.

also, some of my more observant readers might notice that my RSC16 Column-Along is "missing" a row. there was a black/grey row (Bull's Eye) included in the original design, but I omitted that row because of having a grey background.


because of these reasons, Rainbow² is "inside out" compared to my other RSC16 Column-Along. but- serendipitously, I actually like it better! I like that the 2 skinny rows (red and pink) are no longer on the edge, and I also like that the multi-color rows (blue, purple, brown) are not on the outside anymore, either.


I really like this quilt! I anticipated liking it a lot when I began piecing it- that's why I made two; one to keep, and one to give.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the new header! Happy to see so many fun photos of this second quilt - it really is wonderful!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! I really like this smaller version of your RSC16!!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful finish. I love the way you customized it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin