Monday, December 29, 2008

here we go!

last week we took delivery of our new kitchen cabinets. all 30 of them. as we've said before, and it bears repeating, it's a good thing that we have such a large house, otherwise i don't know where we would go with all this stuff! remember our new front door? well, you can't see it anymore, because that's where we put the kitchen cabinets. there was no other place to go with them. today Dave has started making a huge mess ripping out the old kitchen wall in preparation for installing the cabinets. apparently, this is going to be one of Those Jobs. you know, the kind where in order to do job G, first you need to do jobs A, B, C, D, E and F. and i know from experience that each one of those jobs will make a huge mess. but it's all in the name of progress. and modern conveniences.

Dave has wisely refrained from giving me an estimate of how long this job will take, in spite of several attempts on my part to pin him down get a ball park guess of how long it will take. smart man, my husband! I'm just trying to wrap my brain around how long i have to cook for my family with my refrigerator nearly in the hallway, and my sink in the laundry room.

so if you don't hear from me for a little while, don't assume it's because I'm busy making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for my family. it's most likely because I've run off into the hills, screaming and pulling out my hair from all the stress. and mess.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't envy you that job, we redid our kitchen last fall and oh my goodness!

I'm sure it will be great when it's done.

At scrapblog you can order prints of your creations, it said that soon they will have a print option. It's free to go and create your pages to put on your blog and such.
It is quite time consuming, but the final results are great!
www.scrapblog.com

Muthering Heights said...

That looks like a TON of work...good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin