Tuesday, September 16, 2008

tomatoes out the whazoo!

yesterday and today were spent finishing up canning our tomatoes, as well as other things. we have picked the last of the tomatoes and peppers, and are in fact beginning to close down the garden. (i don't want to risk getting any more ripe tomatoes- not sure what I'd do with them now!)


we had several bushels of red and green tomatoes, and with that we made 14 quarts of salsa, 8 quarts of red relish and 18 quarts of green tomato relish. that should be good for the year. and now the house smells funny, too. sort of a cross between cinnamon, vinegar and turmeric. a little odd, really. but anyway, it's nice to see the shelves in the basement filling up. maybe a picture of that later, too.



we've also been busy outside, finishing up the walkway, getting rid of all the extra dirt and building my new clothes line. I'm anxious to finish that tomorrow, and check that off the to do list.


and of course, we've been doing school. we've got apologia chemistry, (regular and advanced), history and BJU bible courses. and of course some math, too. what with everything that is always going on, it's a challenge to get our work done. and I've never schooled with 2 little ones before, so i definitely feel as if I'm still on my learning curve!



and just to make it a bit more interesting, tomorrow N goes in for surgery on his elbow again. no biggie, the dr. assures us, just needs to be debrided, and stitched up. but, still. he should be home by dinner. if i even have time to make it, that is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the tomato issue. We have had so many tomatoes & I still have some in the garden that refuse to ripen. I'm about at the point where I'm going to let the kids use them for baseballs. :)

Your blog is great. Do you mind if I link to you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin