Friday, March 25, 2022

yellow- it means Spring: she's really creeping up on us!

crocus in the side yard, forsythias peaking out, daffodils on the kitchen table: yellow means spring is finally coming! 



as usual, i've been busy in the sewing room, but absent here on the blog. i've got a nice little section of yellows pieced for my HST RSC22 quilt- every yellow from pale butter to deep cheddar. (typing that makes me hungry!) 



there's also a nice little pile of yellow crumb blocks: 52 to be precise! 


even though my yellow scraps shared a jar with the orange scraps, there were still many more block possibilities in there than i thought!

again- lots of yellows- butter, golden, almost orange, almost browns, sunshine, lemon and cheese, too!

i see a food theme emerging here... 


 last, but not least, a few "railroad' rectangles and squares. (some from last month, too) i'm uncertain what i'll be doing with these- i guess i figure it out as i go! 

be sure to visit Angela, our hostess for RSC22 and be inspired! 

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful crumb blocks. Love the food theme. Now I am hungry too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your scrappy blocks! I've discovered a fondness for "mustard yellow" this week, to continue your food theme. Who knew?! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a super great collection of yellow blocks!!!

grammajudyb said...

So many yellows! It is amazing the range of yellows, isn't it? Mustard, to cheddar, to butter, to cream! You and Cathy are reminding me that I need to add to my crumb stash!

Ivani said...

Pretty crumb blocks!

Theresa said...

I now want to start making more HSTs and crumb blocks. I look forward to seeing what you make with these. You are right. Yellow is the color of Spring.

Kathy S. said...

You did a great job of using up those little yellow scraps. Now I'm hungry too. LOL.

Sara said...

Your crumb blocks really look good. I just can't seem to make a dent in my scrab bins, beyond having them sorted by color. Maybe crumb blocks would be the answer!

Jenny said...

The HST blocks look great, I rather like this block, nice and easy to stitch.

Cathy said...

I could spend all day looking at all the fabrics in your blocks! Fun stuff!

Dorothy Wills said...

I like your crumb blocks. I've just made my first ones. I'm finding it very fun and loving using up the scraps. Looking forward to your finished project.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on your YELLOW/GOLD scraps for the RSC! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you will do with those "Railroad" Rectangles, Jennifer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin