Saturday, May 09, 2020

blue stars, sparkling in the night sky...

and then there was that crazy Saturday in May where it was snowing...


or maybe it was a crazy Saturday because the blogger did 3 posts in one day.


THREE!


anyway- i made 5 quilty stars blocks last month. i first saw this block on instagram, i believe. i'm using the 3" squares from my block drawer, and using a fabric from my stash for the star points. 



the blocks finish quite large- about 21", so i'll either make a very large quilt, or several smaller quilts. i was contemplating dividing them up into warm/cool colors. we'll see..


i already did my green quilty stars in February. i don't sort out my colors by light/dark. so i did all my greens in February, except for the crumb blocks. (i'm working on those now.) same for the blues- i did all my blues in April, not just the lights/brights. i'll pick another color, or a UFO to work on when blues come around again.

thanks for stopping by at The Sporadic Blogger. make sure to visit all the other bloggers and their projects, too! 

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like your blue blocks and will take another look at your Dark GREEN ones from February. I didn't recall that these were SEW large! I will have to keep these in mind for when I need to make a quick quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin