Saturday, March 14, 2020

aqua: it's so soothing...

seems like the whole world is going crazy- it's so unbelievable! hubby works at Lowes, and we home school, so not really too much seems different around here... 

it's just as well I have lots of tasks/sewing/cleaning to keep me busy! 


this week I made 2 aqua stars for my scrappy star quilt. I ran out of background (already!) and ended up picking something very similar; hopefully i chose wiser this time, and will be able to piece all the blocks for the remainder of RSC20. 


i had to dig very, very deep to find the darker shades of aqua to finish this second star. but: super happy with it!


i mentioned last week that i'm working on I Spy quilts for my grandchildren. I hope to have them done by Easter. (hahahaha!) My second grandson, L, will be 2 this week, and this is his quilt. (obviously just laid out on the design wall) the solid color is Kona Azure. the other quilts are grey, navy and lupine. I think only the boys will be here for Easter festivities, so technically I only need to complete 2 of the quilts... 

i'm super happy with how they're turning out- and i have LOTS of the 5" I Spy blocks left over (except for pink, purple, red and aqua) so i'm all set for more I Spy quilts for future grandchildren! 

click on over to Angie's linkup to see what everyone else is working on as we're all holed up at home! and, if you're looking for something fresh to sew, you could adopt one of my orphans! (i'm getting a bit of an early start...) 

6 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Love the aqua background in your I spy quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a BIG gift for Easter!!! Good luck with the finishing.

Julie in GA said...

I love your scrappy star blocks and the I Spy with aqua squares!

Cathy said...

I love scrappy backgrounds. Good for you for making do when you ran out.

Oh, the grandkids always have fun with I Spy quilts. (Well, so do I). Good luck on an Easter finish.

gayle said...

Those stars are such fun!
Enjoy that I Spy quilt! (I'm afraid I'd get too bogged down with the 'spying' to manage a speedy finish!)

scraphappy said...

The aqua makes a great contrast with the I Spy blocks. Super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin