Friday, June 28, 2019

June was blue- or was it green?


although the "official" color of June was (is) blue, for me it seemed like it was really green!


so many green things growing: hydroponic lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, kale, swiss chard, herbs, sweet and hot peppers, pumpkins, summer squash, zucchini, cabbage, cucumbers, eggplant, sweet corn... 


our CSA/Farm Share pickups have started, and with our biggest group of members ever, it's keeping me busy. and mostly exhausted, too. 


i did sort out all my 3" blue squares at the beginning of the month, and sewed 16 of my eclectic and bohemian 9 patches- 8 with dark centers, 8 with light centers. 


9 of my "split rails" of sorts blocks happened, too. i also cut out my isosceles triangle quilt for this month- a dark {and ugly} Kansas Troubles blue with a creamy calico as the alternate triangle. there was so much of the KT that it's the backing and binding, too! 


click over to Angela's SoScrappy blog- lots of beautiful blues happening over there. (and soon it's a new month and new color- can't wait!) 

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL! SEW sorry that you got a little confused on the Color of the Month. It's all good, as long as you are using up (some of) your scraps!! :o))

Susie H said...

What I could see was mostly blue. I think you did a good job. The rail fence blocks and the bohemian ones look good from what I can see. Sounds like a very busy month for you and probably the next several. I wish I had joined a CSA this year. Apparently there are a couple that aren't too far from me, within a couple of hours drive. Have a great month with PINK!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin