Tuesday, April 23, 2019

aqua- such a cheery color!



APRIL! it's been here awhile, and i've been sewing a bit.  just now taking the time to post about my blocks. 



April is a busy time on the farm- so much to do, and all the spring work hits at once! we've hit the ground running with tilling, plowing, discing and planting some of the earliest crops. it won't really slow down too much until we hit the lull in mid-June or so. then we gallop along again until September, where we wind down and are done early October. 


i've enjoyed a few quiet moments piecing my aqua 9 patches, and a "split rail" of sorts. i don't have too much aqua, so that's been a good thing. 


i have no aqua yardage, so there will be no isosceles triangle quilt this month, which is just as well, really... 

i have a modest jar-full of aqua scraps and crumbs- i'll be piecing my (6½") crumb blocks in the next week while waiting to see what Mays color will be. in the meantime, click on over to Angie's So Scrappy on Saturday and see what everyone else has been sewing on. 

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Jennifer, I think you (always) win the award for the most creative use of 2.5” squares. As usual, I love your blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your aqua bits and pieces are pretty together and fun to look at! I love the 9 patches with the dark chain going through them. That will make a fun design!

Snowcatcher said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the crumbs. In the meantime, your 16-patches sure look great!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the idea someone else shared of Aqua + teal + turquoise. Makes it easier to come up with scraps!

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely blocks with your scraps... looking forward to next month's colour

gayle said...

I'm glad you got a bit of time to sit and sew! I know how busy (and tiring!) early spring is on the farm.
Lovely aquas in your collection of blocks!

Katie Z. said...

So pretty! Good luck surviving a crazy spring.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Impressive! I'm not a Farm Wife, but still got very little AQUA sewing done. You ARE a Farm Wife and still managed to make all those lovely blocks!! Nice work.

Susie H said...

I love your scrappy rails! Great use of leftover squares.

Cathy said...

I've been itching to do more in the garden but we had snow again yesterday. Then my sewing will slow down quite a bit too.

You may not have had much aqua but you sure made the most of what you had!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin