Monday, December 31, 2018

Plans, Hopes, Dreams: RSC19

another year has come and gone- many scraps have been sewn into blocks AND quilts, and still: they're not all gone!


SO: making a list (mostly for my own reference) of what i'll be working on for RSC19. as always, i'll be working with my 3" squares again. (i'm planning on soon doing a post just of the quilts that I've made with my 3" squares. it's alot- and the drawer is not even half empty!


in no particular order: first up, i'll be making 9 patch blocks in the COM. half will be with a light center running through, the other half with a dark center. inspired by Jolenes's quilt, here.


last year i took a break from making crumb blocks. the scraps have multiplied to make baby scraps, and now the jars are overflowing. i'll get back to these this year. surprisingly, making crumb blocks is very relaxing and soothing! i love to make them... 

i pieced (and completed!) 4 small crumb quilts this summer. i made them for my grandchildren, and tiny napping visitors. 


i'll also make "rail fence" blocks in the COM, and my neutral/light squares. i think these will be relatively easy to assemble into a cohesive quilt at the end of the year. 


2 other projects i plan on working on in conjunction with RSC19: Angela's Tiny Tuesday Sampler. I'm still pondering the details of this for myself, but definitely planning on participating! 

and finally: a personal goal/challenge to myself! i'd like to make a donation quilt in each COM. right now i'm planning on isosceles triangles, with a neutral. (and maybe by the end of the year i'll actually be able to spell isosceles without the help of spell check!) 

so- here's to another year of sewing along with all my quilty friends- and as always: special thanks to ANGELA! 


6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Lots of great projects planned for this year. Luckily, it looks like you have plenty of scraps to use. Hopefully, many of them will be happily living in finished quilts this time next year.

Deb A said...

Wonderful plan for the year! It will be fun to see all those scraps sewn into quilts this year.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You always have great ideas for scrappy blocks! I think I'll be making some crumb blocks this year, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing your rainbow scrappy progress throughout the year!! You are going to have a TON of fun with Angela's Tiny Tuesday Sampler. I'm loving that Carolina Chain and your Modified Rail Fence is certainly a good way to use up a lot of squares!!

gayle said...

Oooo! You've got some wonderful projects lined up! I'm especially looking forward to watching your Carolina Chain!

Cathy said...

I love the ideas you come up with to use your Neverending 3-inch fabric pieces! It’s going to be another good year for you sewing-wise. I think I may use your Lover’s Knot idea from RSC15 if I have squares (2.5” for me) to use up in the COM. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin