Saturday, November 10, 2018

how odd is that- TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY!

  I've been working on my Growing Up Odd quilt right along, and was making pretty good progress until i hit the wall...



above is a "cheater picture" from my instagram layout... i like the controlled riot of colors. 


my squares are 3", and the quilt will have 9 blocks, making for a pretty large quilt....


i was thinking of doing the sashing for in each of the blocks, and between the blocks in white/cream. 


that may change, though...


i do tend to get hung up (more than just a little bit, i'll admit!) on keeping my blocks monochromatic within themselves. 


does that last sentence even make any sense?!


some colors i have LOTS AND LOTS of... (like blue, red and whites/creams)


and then there are colors within my stash that are pretty poorly represented.


orange and brown come to mind...


so: maybe you can help me? (pretty please?) i need one more 49 patch to finish out this RSC18 quilt, and i welcome suggestions! i do not have enough orange or chocolate brown to do the last big block, which would maybe seem to be the logical conclusion. a green block was suggested by a friend on facebook. 

what say you, quilty friends? and be sure to click over and visit all the other RSC18 projects at Angie's blog- it's the end of the year, and the fantastic finishes are really starting to roll in! 

6 comments:

Audrey_StudioPaars said...

I love your colourfull little squares! Maybe you could do a swap with some (online) quilting or sewing friends to add some of the missing colours?

Julie in GA said...

I don't see a big pink block--is that a possibility? This is a great idea for the RSC!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how this going together! I liked Julie's idea of a big pink square!

Deanna said...

This is going to look AMAZING--it already does. I would send you pieces of a color if you need them. It would be an honor to contribute.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I might be able to help with some squares. Would you like that? Drop me an email with what you need and I'll check my stash!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love your "Growing Up Odd" quilt blocks. Looking forward to seeing the fabulous quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin