Wednesday, May 30, 2018

half-way there!

my Squared Away BOM is coming along great- we're halfway done with piecing the blocks! I've been using my 3" squares from my *formerly* suitcase of squares.
 
 

(once upon a time, the suitcase was even all neat and tidy like this, with orderly stacks of squares sorted by color)


despite sewing with 3" squares for RSC14, RSC15, RSC16, RSC17 AND RSC18, the suitcase never got any emptier. as a matter of fact, it got even fuller and fuller- so much so that now I have a DRAWER OF SQUARES.
 
(if you click on the linky tabs at the top of my page for RSC, you can see all the quilts I've made from this 3" square treasure trove. )
 
 
at some point recently, I gave up on being able to sew and piece faster than the squares were procreating and reproducing, and moved them all into a drawer. (and that's almost full already!)
 
 
so: just as well- I like to sew and piece the fabrics together, and I try to remind my family that sewing is soothing to me, and makes me a nicer person....
 
so there's that, anyway... ha!

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Funny how the scraps keep multiplying no matter how fast we sew!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin