Friday, March 09, 2018

did you miss me?

haha! just kidding... you don't need to answer that. it's been a crazy 2 weeks around here, with just in the last few days a little bit of {much needed} time in the sewing room.
 
2 Sundays ago, my youngest daughter, BJ, was sick and sore with an achey neck. (I was also getting sick, too, and till the end of the week had Flu A and an ear infection...) long story short, BJ had a serious staph infection, and after a visit to the walk-in clinic, our local ER and a CT scan, she was transferred to the nearest Children's Hospital so she could be cared for by a pediatric ENT. (there are NO pediatric doctors of any sort in our rural county). 3 days of IV antibiotics later, and we were all on the mend and back home.
 
we're thankful for {good} health insurance, a great Children's Hospital with wonderful doctors and nurses, supportive and loving family and a wonderful church family, too. we got sick on Sunday, February 25 and then the next thing I knew it was Tuesday, March 6! we're glad to be home, and back together again!


green is a great color for March. I've lots of greens, and although the called color is on the lighter and brighter side, it's easier for me to work on all my greens at once. I think it's too much for my brain to sort them out and then set some aside for another month...



I'm working on my eclectic and bohemian 9 patches; 16 are added to the pile for this month.


I finally found the perfect fabric to finish the last block of my RSC17 Low Volume Plus quilt. (think 1980's clown hair...) and pieced the last block for that quilt. I've just finished pin basting it too, and hope to have it in the DONE pile soon. i'll keep you posted with pictures.

don't forget to see what everyone else is working on with their bright and springy greens!

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Our youngest great nephew ended up in the Childrens Hospital where he lives with a version of the flu (he's 4 months old) -- yes indeed hooray and thanks to those who care for sick children. Glad you are ALL on the mend now. GO GREENS!

Katie said...

So scary with being so sick. I'm glad to hear all is well, or nearly there again. I'm with you on the greens - i got them all out and will use them as I like. Just easier that way! (And no need to remember later if that green was in the pile last time!) And I love the "clown hair" choice. Perfect and fun.

scraphappy said...

So glad that everything turned out well in the end. That must have been scary! It is bad enough to be sick yourself, but when it is kids, there is no more helpless feeling. The low volume block looks great. Glad everyone is better again so you can get back to normal.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, NO!! It's terrible when you have a sick child, but to be sick along with her is even worse. Glad to hear you all are on the mend and that you are back in the sewing room!! Enjoy working with those springy GREENs!

gayle said...

So glad you're all on the mend - having a sick child is so scary, and not being well enough yourself to help her makes it even harder. Hopefully the rest of this year will be calmer!
I love all your greens, and that clown hair plus is perfect!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

There is nothing like some sewing therapy now that both you and your daughter are feeling better! You have lots of pretty greens!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin