Saturday, April 15, 2017

snibbles and crumbs....

don't ask me, but my brain read the "multi color" as "BLACK multi colored"...
 
yeah, I know... sigh....


so I've been working (slowly) at my black/multi crumb blocks. not much RSC sewing to show for this week, but I did do a bunch of other sewing: mainly Easter dresses for my two youngest daughters, A and B. (red and blue) also a summer pinafore for my granddaughter. (vintage royal blue)

spring finally seems like she might be here to stay, so some outside work and planting will be taking up some more of my spare time. but as long as I get a bit of sewing room time, I'm still fit to be around! (I tell my family that my time mindlessly sewing is what makes me a nice person to be around. ha!)

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Honestly, my brain did the same as yours. The BLACK multi was were I began. The only difference is that while YOU dug deeper, I only made ONE block before looking for RAINBOW prints!! Celebrate your productivity.

Kathy S. said...

There's no quilt police. I think they are very pretty! I too have a bunch of blacks with brights in them. For some reason a lot of the words in them say "quilt" or "happy birthday..." Have a great weekend.

PaulaB quilts said...

Those black and multis are well done, with a nice sparkle. Why don't you show us the Easter dresses. I would love to see the sweet girl things you make. My teen granddaughter is all in black these days, so I miss the pinks and lavenders. Have a very happy Easter.

Pamela Arbour said...

Your brain got further along than mine did this month. I only made a few blocks. I couldn't get my thinking cap on straight! LOL

Quiltdivajulie said...

You aren't the only one. The first bin I went to was the black with brights (multi colors). There's a placemat slab pieced and waiting to be photographed and shared. Not sure what else will happen by month end.

Magpie Sue said...

Multi-colors on black or white also stopped me in my tracks for the RSC this month. I could do a lot in either of those colorways but not so much in prints with no specific background. Consequently I've not made much progress at all. Seeing your black block may make me throw caution to the wind and start playing with the multis on black or white!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

busy busy household and the pull of the garden is the siren song which must be answered. And I hear you...Must. Have. Sewing. Time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin