Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wrapping up 2016; looking forward to 2017

I'm back! it's been a super busy December (and end the end of November got a bit crazy, too) with turkey butchering, a few road trips, a funeral and an epic family trip to WA state to see my son and his wife, and their new baby, E. E is my first granddaughter, and joined her cousin C, (my first grandson) who was born 6 days earlier!
 
almost the whole family traveled to Seattle, WA to see the new baby, and since my daughter and her husband came along (the parents of baby C) we had TWO babies to hold! it was a nice time with family, and we also squeezed in some sight-seeing: the Space Needle, Pike's Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium and the gum wall. (gross)


finally things are settling down, and i'll have a bit of time in the sewing room before spring, and all the farm chores hit again. I am focusing on getting some of my RSC 16/15/14 projects done. the granny squares (above) are all done, just need trimmed. I think I have 67!


my soduku quilt was pieced in RSC14, but not completed. I decided with TWO grandbabies, I'd better be prepared with quilts at grandma's house- just in case they both visited at the same time. (unlikely, but it's good to be prepared, right?)


the above grandbaby quilt was completed 3+ years ago, just after my daughter got married. I knew it would be awhile before she had children, but again: be prepared! (pattern here)


hubby got this antique cradle at the thrift store (!) and we're all ready for whenever those sweet babies pop in.

I'm planning on crossing a TON of my UFO/WIPs this year. (post on that below) but I'm still going to participate in RSC17: here's what I have in mind-

  • Kona solid 16 patch
  • continue working on my crumb blocks
  • finish up the RSC16 column-along
  • use my 3" squares in the color of the month- still thinking about what pattern to use...
click on over to so scrappy and see what everyone else is doing! and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Love all those solids you used in the grandbaby quilt. I've never used solids yet. Looking forward to following along to see what you come up with in 2017. Happy new year!

Deb A said...

Looking forward to seeing the solid quilt. I am just starting to use solids in with my quilts and I love the look. So fun to be prepared with quilts for any littles visiting. Hope you have a wonderful 2017.

Pamela Arbour said...

You have done a great job with your quilts. I hope to see more in the future for those grandbabies!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your RSC 2017 plan sounds like a good one. Scrappy New Year!!

scraphappy said...

So exciting to have new grand babies to love. Looks like you are well prepared with plenty of quilts to keep them warm. Those granny squares are going to look great when you get them all together.

PaulaB quilts said...

What a great way to celebrate with two new little ones. Your striped quilt is a winner and so easy! God bless you in the new year.

Kate said...

Congrats on the two new grandbabies! You'll have lots of excitement if they both come to visit at once. Love your Album blocks. Good luck with your 2017 RSC plans.

Magpie Sue said...


Congratulations on the two new grand babies! There's no better excuse for being absent from your sewing room and blog. Have fun finishing up those UFO's so you'll be prepared for visits. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin