Saturday, October 25, 2014

brown overload!


it's the last week for browns/blacks/greys. I for one, am glad! not too many blacks and greys in the scrap jars, I did end up with more grey crumb blocks than I thought I would.


last week I concentrated on making all my brown crumb blocks. until I started sorting through the scraps in the brown jar, I didn't realize that #1- I had ALOT of brown! and #2- many of the brown pieces were pretty big. so first, I cut all the large scraps into 3" squares.
 

I made the brown 9 patches, with the Kona white center, and also 2 more brown 16 patches. a few black crumb blocks were made, too.
 

so many brown 3" blocks- 10 more brown D4P. ack! (2 of the blocks below are black) I worked on them bit by bit, and I will say I'm glad they're done!

I have a few ideas of how I'd like to put all my blocks together in December- no point in hoarding them all, right? excited to see what color will be for next month!

linking up with angela at so scrappy. go see what everyone else is making!

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

Great productivity this week. It must feel great to have so many scraps put together into blocks. Yeah!

Edith said...

Wow Jennifer you have been busy, and a lot of great brown, grey, black blocks to show for it. Great work.

Nell's Quilts said...

You're on a roll! Great way to use up those brown bits you didn't think you had. I see some great quilts down the line.

Jeanne said...

The D4P blocks are my favorites!

LA Paylor said...

yea! Brown is almost over! You did better than I since I didn't even look at browns this week. LeeAnna

Kathy S. said...

Great use of scraps. I can't wait to see what the color for November is too. Sadly, I'm really low on greys. I love the greys! They make me feel "modern".

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh what a great assortment of blocks, your collection of browns and greys is amazing.

Cathy said...

I actually love brown and all of your blocks. I'm anxious to see what you do with your crumbs. I actually love crumb blocks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin