Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January UFO: #5 ~ completed!

YAY me! i started this Friendship Quilter's Calendar quilt last January. every month, our group has made another block, representative of that month. i completed my blocks using the 9 patch sashing, with hourglass borders, and another wide, plain border.

i plan to have it hand quilted, and would like to enter this one in our local county fair in July.


today was our monthly meeting of our group, Friendship quilters. 3 more calendar quilts were completed, and brought in. how exciting to see all the different possiblities from the same 12 blocks! (sorry for the terrible pictures! i'll try to get better ones somtime...)

Janet's quilt

Pat's quilt



Peg's quilt

10 comments:

Heather said...

It's beautiful! I can just picture it all hand-quilted, too. I'm sure it'll be a winner at the fair. :o) Great job!

Cathy said...

It's gorgeous, and I really like your setting. One of the best things about quilting is the variety, and how no 2 quilts are ever exactly the same, even when using the same basic elements.

Diane Kelsey said...

Love the way you have set your blocks, such a wonderful quilt.

Jo said...

Love the variety...I applaud you hand quilting.

Bonnie said...

Yah you is right! What a beautiful setting for your blocks. And the colors are just right.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job! Congrats on finishing the top! Love the layout!

Sharon-IN said...

Love how you set this quilt! Wonderful top! Congrats on the finish.

JudyCinNC said...

I like the Amish look of your quilt. Just beautiful. Judy C

I Quilt Scarlet and Gray said...

I really liked the setting you used for your sampler. I have a couple samplers that I need to finish also.

Sandra said...

Nice job on your sampler quilt! How fun to see all the other arrangements using the same blocks:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin