Sunday, October 24, 2010

October: Jesus in our heart and home



i can't believe that the month has flown by so quickly, and it's time for another nativity! before you know it, the time will be upon me to brave the attic to bring down all the nativities in person!

this month's spotlight is a very simple white nativity from the dollar store. the thing that makes it very special to me is that the Holy Family were a gift from my 4 older children when they were much smaller. M, D, N and G each gave me a figurine: the Babe, Mary, Joseph and the shepherd. i later bought the 3 wise men to complete the set.

every Christmas season for many, many years, i have set up this nativity on top of our secretariat, and fondly remembered the thoughtful gifts that my young children gave me years ago.

that reminds me to remember the profound gift that God gave us in sending his only son at Christmas, so that He could die for us at Easter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin