Monday, January 26, 2009

well, i guess we could up the standards just a wee bit...

today i had to run a quick errand for Dave, and while i was out, i figured that I'd stop at Dollar General for a few things that I've been putting off buying. like soap. apparently, we've been out of soap for awhile, but nobody told me. the boys (and men) have all been using my Bath and Body Works warm vanilla sugar soap. it seems the need was quite dire!


i was buying polyurethane glue so Dave could continue putting up the back splash in the kitchen. for the last several weeks he's been making rumblings and grumblings about how clean he expects our new kitchen to be. our expensive kitchen. our brand new, expensive kitchen. get the idea?


me, too.


so, while i was out at DG, i bought a few new cleaning supplies. one of them was a cobweb duster thingy. it has a fuzzy head on it, and a telescoping wand. the better to reach high places with, my dear.


A saw this long, blue thing come into the house, and since she's only 2 1/2, she was curious to know what it was, since she's never seen a cobweb duster thingy before. G helped me carry in all the packages, and he also wondered what this oddly shaped thing was. now, the sad part of this story is that G is nearly 16 years old. i can't believe that he's never seen a cobweb duster thingy before...


oh brother. i took them both into the bathroom, and after explaining that it was a cobweb duster thingy, i showed them how it works. they were duly impressed.


so, i guess I've got my work cut out for me.


tomorrow's lesson: Sponge Mop 101

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha..... I just bought a new vacuum cleaner and it came with one of those duster things..attached right to it ?!?! Weird....

The kids have been fighting over who gets to dust. :)

I was in Lowes the other day and bought this huge white cabinet with doors. It took two guys to load it in my van. When I got home, I ripped the box apart while it was still in the car and carried it in the house piece by piece. :) Nick finally got it put together and it's massive. Our whole family could practically live in it.

Glad your kitchen is coming along nicely and glad your men have soap... Nick hates my girly smelling stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin