Friday, June 20, 2008

Guest Friday- M's Roadside Market

Time for another of our ever popular "Guest Friday". This time your handsome, debonair host is N W.

The best (and only) place in Monroeton to go for an ice cream is a little place called M's Roadside Market.

It is a widely varied shop selling an assortment of cool goodies. (Pool supplies, flowers/vegetable plants, custom built computers, pets, ice cream...) I happen to work there, in the ice cream part of things, with a girl named Tashia. I work about twenty hours a week, making sundaes, banana splits, milkshakes, cones, etcetera. Thankfully, it is much closer than my previous job in Lewisburg, and I can walk to work in case of flat tire. (It's only .8 miles away.)

Friends and family stopping by to have some ice cream. We have a LOT of different flavors of soft serve. 34, to be precise. Everything from apple pie and apricot to teaberry and watermelon. My favorite, that I've tried so far, is lemon. In a waffle cone, of course.

Lest you think that pets + ice cream = disgusting, allow me to assure you: it is all very clean and sanitary. For one thing, the pets are in a completely different building. For another, after almost everything we do, we have to wash our hands, as per PA health regulations. Sweep the floor? Wash your hands. Eat something? Wash your hands. Wipe down the tables outside? Wash your hands. Touch money? Wash your hands. Pick your nose? Wash your hands. (Duh...)

Enough rambling. I'm out.
Excelsior and ciao...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I decided to start at the begining of your blog and read through, I just had to comment on this one. And I will give you a little history lesson also :)

All of M's ice cream supplies came from down the road. Right next to the drivers license center, there is a little brown building that was called Soft Serve. I used to work there as a teenager. When they went out of business, M's bought all their supplies. Maybe you already knew that though?

Pretty neat, huh? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin