Friday, February 16, 2018

snatches of time and squares...

even though I've only been regularly blogging about the RSC for the last few years, it's hard to come up with a title every week. maybe I try to be too clever? anyway... hope the title isn't too dumb sounding...


I finished my 3 Wishing Rings, picking the purples that I #1- really liked and #2- had enough of.


I've enjoyed piecing these blocks- and I love how they're a bit different from what I normally do.


I pulled all the purples out of my suitcase of squares, and after rounding up a few stray purple pieces, I had 84 unique purples for my Growing Up Odd quilt!


quite a few of the purples were the only one, but I had enough variety/volume to make 3 blocks for my GUO quilt- a 7X7 block in purples (with lots of value variation) a 3X7 in lavenders and 1 9 patch in the redy-purple.

 
 
this weekend, my two youngest daughters talked me into a "Winter Gathering" party with a few friends from Sunday School- complete with a craft, a buffet (with several choices of snacks and tea!) and LOTS of decorating involving no less than 50 paper snowflakes. I'm definitely not the Hostess with the Mostest, but they're so excited, and their friends are too- I'll have to let you know how it went!
 
meanwhile, click on over to so scrappy to see what everyone else is piecing this wintery week!
 
 
 


10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your winter gathering sounds like fun -- hope you all enjoy the preparation and the event.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I'm glad I found your blog. Looks like you are having lots of quilting fun and more.

Marly said...

Your blocks are all pretty; I especially like the last one with those beautiful pansies.

Mari said...

Pretty blocks, and great ways to use up those purples. Love the little red-purple block.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have lots of pretty purples! I love how you sorted them into dark, light, and red purples for your GUO quilt. That looks like it will be a fun one!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a mix of PURPLE scraps!! Hope the girls had a fun time at the Winter Gathering. I feel sure that they did!

Ivani said...

Beautiful purples around you. Beuatiful blocks. Love the wishing ring block with the flowers.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are all looking so great

JanineMarie said...

Wonderful blocks! I'm amazed at what a range there is for purple.

Ann said...

Such a range of purples. I don't have many in my stash either. Your daughters' party sounds delightful. What memories they will have. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin