Saturday, June 24, 2017

Miles and miles of sewing....

Finally! after several evenings of dedicated piecing, I was able to get (one of) my pinwheel quilts into a flimsy!


I started piecing these "pinwheels" out of 2½" strips back in RSC15. (they're cut into 4½" squares, then 4 are sewn together. it's a pretty basic pattern...)
 
this year I started sewing the squares into the pinwheels, and since this month it's my UFO for the 2017 challenge over at Patchwork Times, I pulled it out again, finished and pressed all the blocks and worked on a layout.


it's a huge one- EQ says it's 101" X 113"! I love the look of the diagonally set quits, but those corner to corner seams sure seem like they're miles and miles long! 144" , or somewhere around there!
 
there were still 99 (!) blocks left over, and my youngest daughter, B and I arranged them into another quilt. since it's just a straight set, I'm hoping it will be a bit quicker to piece...
 

9 yellow crumb blocks round out my piecing for yellow this week. I still have a lot of yellow to work with, so I'm off to the sewing room!

click on over to so scrappy to see what everyone else is working on!

9 comments:

Edith said...

Love your yellow crumbs, they actually look like they came out of my yellow scrap bag.

Nell's Quilts said...

The quilt top is so striking and the yellow crumbs just stream sunshine.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is a BIG, beautiful quilt!! And you even found time to use some YELLOW scraps for the RSC. Go, you!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pinwheel quilt is beautiful! I bet that is a winderful feeling to get that one to the quilting stage!

Lori said...

The Pinwheels quilt is turning out very nice!

Monica said...

Congratulations, the pinwheel flimsy looks awesome! And the crumb blocks are promising too. :D

PaulaB quilts said...

I found pics of two different 2016 finishes. Go to Angela,s archive to post December 31, 2016. The posts are links by Deb, VT QUILTER AND Pam in Texas, same dates. I enjoy a challenge.

Unknown said...

I love your pinwheel quilt! Great finish!

Vireya said...

Your pinwheel top is huge! Those seams would have felt like they went on forever. It looks wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin