Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Judy chose #2 for May- my "penguin stars". i missed working on this one during last year's UFO challenge, but maybe this year i'll get to it!

project #2: another block win (i showed these before). not sure on the plans for this quilt, but the book that A is holding (if you were a penguin) has inspired some colors/ideas that I'd like to try. the white/black/blue/yellow/orange color combo really intrigued me one day as i was reading this book to the little girls.

here's a quick layout that i did this morning on my EQ5 (no, i don't have the latest version number 7, but 5 seems to be working just fine for me!)

this is a pretty simple layout, but i'll probably stick with it. i had originally thought to do puss in the corners as the alternate block, but i like the way the square in a squares emphasize the stars and diaganol layout. plus- the S in a S are easier to do- always a plus!


2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the quilt design you came up with! What a good idea to use the book for color inspiration.

Garnetrose said...

very nice quilt ideas here. I have one log cabin going and have two memory lap quilts to make and that will keep me busy for awhile but your quilts are so lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin