Saturday, April 04, 2009

it's sew good!

shortly after moving to Bradford county last May, i was invited to join a special group of women. it's a quilting group that they call the Friendship Quilters, and they have graciously included me in their meetings and projects ever since. some of those women were the first freindships that i formed after moving to this new place, and i will always be grateful for the warm welcome that they showed me.

one of the things that they do every month is have a block exchange. it's very simple, really. as a group we decide on what quilt block we'd like to make; what pattern we'll use and the colors. whoever wants to participate makes a block. then when we get together again, if you made a block your name goes in the hat. we all take turns winning, and then start all over again. last month i was the fortunate winner! i received 12 of these black and white blocks, and I'm busy thinking about how I'd like to design the quilt that I'll make.
and look what came in the mail today! this wonderful sewing thingy from my bloggy friend Angie. it's part of a project that we both volunteered for, Pay it Forward. even though Angie already sent me a wonderful box of hair bows for the girls, I'm tickled pink to receive this as well!

I'm not sure what to properly and respectfully call it, but i know what it is! there is a pin cushion, weighted with rice. it's big enough for pins, needles and safety pins. there is also the removable trash bag, which is a very nice feature. and then there are the little pockets for miscellaneous sewing notions: scissors, tape, thread and more pins.

thanks so much, Angie! the fabric is beautiful. i love stripes, florals and checks together. now i'm off to go sew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my spring fever giveaway.

Angie outdid herself! What a great pay it forward. Your quilt blocks are wonderful, too. I know it is said "it is more blessed to give than to receive", but it sure is fun to receive lovely gifts sometimes, too.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your gift. I had fun making it. Your quilt blocks are great..it's awesome that you won! I am anxious to see what you come up with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin