Monday, July 20, 2009

Blueberries for Sal~ except we weren't in Maine. and there was no bear. and we didn't loose the baby!

very early this misty morning I packed up the van with the whole gang and headed off to pick blueberries.


not too far away there is a (an?) u-pick blueberry field.

M, G and A went picking on Saturday morning, and the blueberries were so plentiful and bounteous that we went back this morning for more.




every one picked, but B would walk to each of us, and holding up her little bucket say, "booberry. me? bucket."



in hardly anytime at all, we were home again with 23 quarts, bringing our grand total for this year to 34 quarts of blueberries. most we froze, but many we ate fresh out of hand.


after i go to the grocery store today, i plan on making pie and muffins.

and of course, we'll have lots in the freezer to enjoy this winter!

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

It's nice that you have so many hands to help you pick. :)

Charity Grace said...

What a fun day! Blueberries don't grow where I am and I MISS them! Mmmm...(And Blueberries for Sal is one of the best kids' books EVER!)

Jo said...

Your title totally cracked me up!! We have our well-worn copy of Blueberries for Sal, which my son quotes "kuplink, kuplunk, kuplank!" the whole time we're picking blueberries.
(Incidentally, we DO live in Maine, and I have almost lost my toddler in the blueberry fields. But so far, no bear...) :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin