Sunday, September 28, 2008

happenings at our house this week

it's been a very busy week here, with lots going on. I'll just give you a list, in no particular order, and you can see for yourselves what we've been up to.



*we celebrated my birthday



*i started putting perennials in my kitchen garden



*we butchered and froze 20+ chickens (somewhere along the way we lost count!)


*we canned 19 quarts of grape juice



*we celebrated the twins' birthday



*B is on the brink of walking



*we canned 28 quarts of applesauce, and made 3 apple crisps



*Dave hooked up heating zone 2, completing the heat for all downstairs living areas



*A enjoyed her first story time at our local library



*Dave and i reached a happy compromise about the butler's pantry



*M is doing just fine down in SC, but is very busy, and doesn't get much sleep



*N's stitches were removed, and he will have an impressive scar on his elbow



*Dave put in a new door in the utility room (with a window!)



*we got $10 pump jacks on e-bay, and can start insulating the rest of the house



*we closed up the garden, tilling it all under, and planted it with winter rye



*we played the genus edition of trival pursuit, and Dave and i creamed the boys



*it's my job to feed the wood stove, and I'm liking that chore



*D started his job at Family Dollar



*A is learning about the color orange, with crafts, coloring and snacks



*all 3 boys are working well at their chemistry



*Dave accidentally trapped the master bath shower in the utility room




so that's it- life at our house: full of adventures, escapades and mundane happenings, just to keep things interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'll bet you are exhausted. D's new job...Is it the Family Dollar that they just put in N. Towanda? I take my Grandma shopping at Hurley's and Rite Aid all the time. I will have to stop in there and introduce myself. :) I didn't realize they were open for business.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is winter rye? I've never heard of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin