Saturday, July 01, 2017

yellow: happy quilter, happy life...

I promise I do other  things in my life besides quilting with RSC! we have a full and busy life, I just most often use my blog (these days) for quilting related link ups... 
 
it's July 1- and we're on to blue now. I still have a few yellows to finish up, but got them all done! now I'm ready to tackle the blues. as Angie pointed out- blues are often a huge color for us quilters, and I'm no exception!





  


I had a pleasantly surprising infusion of yellow scraps the last couple weeks- 2 friends stopped by and gave me a bag of scraps. it's fun to sort through, and have some fresh scraps to add to all the RSC projects.
 

again- the yellows are interesting: pale yellows that make me wonder if they should go in with the low volume scraps, bright sunshiny yellows, goldish yellows and then the cheddars that make me wonder some more if they should go in with the oranges... 43 (in all) yellow crumb blocks- I'm going to have to think of something great to do with all my crumb blocks- I have lots, too!

click on over to Angie's to see what other scrappy goodness is showcased this week!

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Fresh scraps and new crumb blocks. What a fun week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You gotta LOVE friends who provide a scrap infusion!!! I'm planning to put my Crumb blocks into Framed Stars. Best of luck deciding what you will do with yours!!

PaulaB quilts said...

What can be better than a gift of fabric? Lucky you getting an infusion of new patterns to admire and use. Keep up the good work!

Nell's Quilts said...

Gifts always put zing into the joy of creating something from scraps. Great yellow blocks.

Cathy Tomm said...

Love it when given new to me scraps! you have a great set of yellow blocks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin