Friday, March 10, 2017

As Red as a Box of Raisins....

a bit of time in the sewing room this week: and almost all devoted to red, red, red! I pulled out the pinwheel blocks (a leftover from RSC16) and am assembling them color by color, month by month. reds are checked off the list...


and digging through the suitcase of 3" squares yielded many, many reds. obviously a favorite color of mine... ( I do like reds, it's true!)  a few minutes of sorting, and I had enough (different) reds to make 3 LV+ blocks.
 
I made a LV+ quilt last year, but it's quite different from this one. (it's still hanging in my sewing room closet, patiently waiting for its turn at the quilters....)
 
click on over to Angie's blog on Saturday morning to see what everyone else has been sewing together this week... also, thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your taking a moment or two from your sewing time to see what I've been up to! if  you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! (and just also wanted to let you know I turned off the annoying confirmation bits on the commenting form- so chatter away!)

12 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I love your plus blocks with the red background! I've been trying to find a block pattern to use up some of my red 3" strips--this might be the one!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Red is also a favorite color of mine, so I'm enjoy all the red posts this week! I really like your plus blocks with red!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a different quilt you are going to end up with this year vs. last year's LV+ quilt! LOVE it!!

gayle said...

You do like reds! Lots of variety here, making for gorgeous blocks. I loved last year's plus quilt, so I'm looking forward to this year's too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like them - you have a great variety of reds~!

PaulaB quilts said...

I haven't thought about those little red raisin boxes for years! Great idea to do up last year's blocks during this month's color. And the plus blocks contrast with the red so well, a good choice.

Katie Z. said...

What a collection of reds!

scraphappy said...

You do have a great variety of reds. Such fun to put them to good use.

Angie said...

Fun blocks and a great variety of red fabrics!

Nell's Quilts said...

Two fun little blocks. You have some lovely red scraps to play with this month.

Ariane said...

I love all your blocks! I need to add these to make list for next year.

Sally Trude said...

Your background fabrics are almost as interesting as your reds...and seeing the peanuts gang was definitely a treat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin