Friday, February 24, 2017

One giant leap!

over at Patchwork Times, Judy pulled #9 for the February UFOChallenge 2017. I had planned on using up some of my charm packs. I've been holding on to quite a few for a bit too long, so it's time that they were used...


I ended up using/passing along/repurposing 9 charm packs! 2 charm packs went into the above and below quilts- (can't remember the name of them right now.) they'll be for a baby at church upon their dedication.


same for the quilt below-  I used 2 charm packs of Nature's Chorus. I've had these two charm packs for a few years now, and figured I'd better use them before they got any more outdated! I just randomly put the squares up on my design board, and then sewed them together. I'm happy with how it turned out, and always end up wondering why we (I) end up making stuff more complicated than they need to be....



2 funky charm packs from our local Ben Franklin were cut up into 4" squares and passed along to a church friend for our church sewing, Scraps To Wraps. a final (amy butler) charm pack is on my design wall; I'm thinking a rainbow-y stroller quilt for my granddaughter will be just the ticket for that one...

you can see my final 2 charm packs in action if you scroll down to the post below....

2 comments:

Vireya said...

The donkey is even cuter wearing the quilt!

AnnieO said...

Simple and finished, a great combination!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin