Friday, June 19, 2015

a very busy week, but still time for a *tiny* bit of sewing...


 a couple relaxing evenings of sewing up in the sewing room, and I pieced, pressed AND trimmed 25 crumb blocks. who knew there were so many shades of green?

I'm going to hold off a bit on making my green sawtooth stars until I see how the RSC15 sampler quilt is laid out. i have so many different greens that I'm not sure which ones will look the best...


4 16 patches of aqua, and another green. I can't believe how many 16 patches (and all the other blocks) I have! funny how just a bit at a time really adds up over months of diligence....

it's also quite evident that I need an ironing fairy!
 
you can click and like here to see what I'm up to the rest of the week when I'm not in the sewing room. (and also see why I'm often too tired to even go upstairs for a bit of sewing!)
 
click over on Saturday morning to see all the other RSC15 projects.

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

There really are a lot of greens. Such a pretty collection. I am sure that some of them will be just right for your sampler.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Love the crumb blocks! They look great in the Sawtooth Star blocks.

Scrappy quilter said...

I like your crumb cakes too.

Marly said...

Crumb blocks are really useful; they will look good in the sawtooth stars.

Magpie Sue said...

I don't blame you for being too tired to do much sewing! It's wonderful how a little consistent effort adds up over time though. :- )

The Joyful Quilter said...

May I suggest a time-share on that Ironing Fairy?! She can spend part of the time in YOUR sewing room and the rest of the time in MINE!!! :P

Sheila said...

I'm surprised at the number of green shades. I buy the bright shades.
Your plants are beautiful!

Dasha said...

You are spot on! A hand full of blocks every week or two and it sure mounts up. I'm not surprised you are often too tired. I'd be a total wreck if I had to cope with what you do. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin