Friday, February 01, 2013

quilting... yes, lots! blogging? not so much...


Judy of Patchwork Times is doing a mystery medallion quilt for this year. (instead of the UFOs) i have SO MUCH fabric, that even though i don't "need" another quilt, i decided to join along in the fun, adding the extra challenge to myself to only use stash fabric.

considering that fabric #2 is 4+ yards, i think that i did pretty well. i only purchased the yellow polka dot and a bit of that purple. (and the yellow was at the advice of my pastor's wife, so how could i say no?)

here is January's completed blocks. I'm excited to see what the quilt will look like when it's done. Judy's quilting style is much different than mine, so i know that I'll have a quilt that doesn't look like all my others... ( I'm hoping that I'm not the only one who ends up making quilts that all look similar...)

come back later this month to see clue #2.

and who knows- i might even do another post or two before then... there is so much to catch up on!

1 comment:

heyitskarla said...

Great fabrics! I especially like the sunny yellow and the cute little circles. Also, you're not the only one who makes the same type of quilts a lot. This mystery is my first all batik, so I'm trying something new, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin