Friday, November 06, 2009

if at first you don't suceed... try, try again!

another month has sped right by, and it's the first Friday of the month. as in First Friday celebrations and general frivolity downtown in our little town. that means that it's time for the town bake off again, and this months' theme was pumpkin.

so after obsessively licking my wounds and nursing my pride from last month's disappointing results, i gathered up my courage (and my pumpkins) and decided to try again.

and no offense to Pioneer Woman, but this month i decided to go with my new favorite foody blogger, Bridget. she makes the most awesome cookies~ absolutely incredible! most of her cookies look too wonderful to eat. but don't worry, they are the best ever roll out sugar cookies I've ever made. (even if they don't look anything like hers! but that's another post for another time...)

moving right along...

after much agonizing, pondering and far more indecision than I'm normally given to, i decided to make Bridget's pumpkin whoopie pies, which she adapted from a Martha Stewart cookbook.

and can i just say? that was probably the best decision i made all week.

meaning~ i won the town's pumpkin bake off contest.

would it be bragging if i said it again?

I won the town pumpkin bake off contest!


*insert blogger's little happy dance here*


so the moral of the story is: Martha really knows what she's doing when it comes to stuff like flour, sugar, eggs and butter. just run the other way if she starts talking about the stock market!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo for you! I will have to try those whoopie pies.
Niyah's Girl Scout Troop was selling cookies in front of Ben Franklin tonight. We skipped out though. It was SOOOO cold.

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Woo-hoo! Yay!!! Yes, Martha knows her stuff! I'm so, so happy for you! And, thanks for reading the blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin