Friday, December 28, 2018

hey you guys! wait for me...

i've participated in Judy's UFO challenge for quite a few years now. (5?) i'd like to sew along for 2019. (but how can you STILL have UFOs I can hear some of you saying...)

just saving my spot in the link up until i get my act together to gather and number 12 UFOs...

so here they are, in no particular order, and without a lot of extra time taken for taking beautiful pictures... (can you tell?!)


#1- it's my Kona Love Row-by-Row Sampler from RSC16. i lurve this quilt- and want to get it quilted and in use!

Add caption

#2- my bins of strips. (this is a holdover from last year) i have a lot of 2½" strips that have *magically* appeared in my sewing room. i have a plan for these, and i'm hoping that my quilty friends at our church sewing group will help me turn these into quilts that can be used and loved!

more on that later!

#3- ???


#4- neither of these is a recent picture, but i would like to get this quilt DEE OH ENN EEE. (d.o.n.e.) it's pieced into a top, and "just" needs borders and quilting.


#11- this is obviously a very unloved UFO.  i started this quilt with my quilt guild about 1997, so it's definitely time to get it done. who knows: maybe 2019 is the year!

this star quilt was a BOM and has stars in 12" and 6". i still have fabric to finish the top in with the pile, and i like the idea of a setting as seen here.



#5- my Rainbow Squares, pieced during RSC17. it was a UFO in last years list, and i have firm intentions of completing it this year! the backing is pieced, and i know how i want to quilt it.

unfortunately, i don't really enjoy the quilting aspect of quilting (i like the design/piecing the most!) but with the budget being what it is (or is not!), i really need to knuckle down and finish some of the tops in the sewing room closet myself. (put on my big girl panties and just get to it!)


#6- this isn't really a UFO, more a WIP. this picture is from last year, but i did make some progress on Crazy Mom's June quilt. i'm piecing my rectangles in neutrals, and have 53 made. i plan on using blue and yellow, too, in the quilt. i'll add a current picture later.


#7- not my work, not really a UFO. but this is an important quilt, and i need to help/encourage my youngest daughter to get it done. B pieced this carpenter star, and our Christmas gift to her is to get it quilted. the top is together; just the borders need done, and the backing pieced.


#8- again, not a UFO, more a WIP. i'm making a scrappy patchwork quilt with Kona stratosphere and a favorite selection from my 3" squares. just a simple quilt, but i have some ideas of other quilty accessories i'd like to make for our bedroom to go along with it...

#9- locate and complete the Wonky 1930's Sampler quilt. i started this quilt when B was a baby (see #7) it has matching fabrics from her baby quilt; i thought it would be nice to have a matching quilt for our bed. i think this UFO has made several appearances in the line-up through the years... 

#10- Coffee Time: a pile of 4 patches made with Bistro from Moda. i started this last year, and then changed my mind on the completion timeline and set it aside. 

#12- ???

as i've said- this is about my 4th or 5th year participating in Judy's UFO challenge. is it possible i only have 10 UFOs? maybe- not sure... need to dig deeper in the sewing room, but this is enough to get me started for now! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin