Saturday, November 10, 2018

grab a cup of coffee, and settle in...

it's been awhile- and there's lots to catch up on! get your coffee, and settle in- we might be a while! 


the biggest news: i'm a grandma again! sweet little LL (named after me! imagine that...) joined our family a few weeks ago. she's the sweetest little thing ever, and evens up the score: grandsons- 2. granddaughters: 2. 


i don't think life was any more particularly busy than normal, but I've not had as much time in the sewing room. (not complaining, just explaining, as my MIL would say...)


my red SquaredAwayBOM blocks have been done for awhile (on time, even!) but i just realized that i had forgotten to post or blog about them.. 


you might recognize my black blocks as the GREEN October blocks. my March SABOM blocks were a mix of light and dark greens, so i decided to do these blocks black instead of green, rounding out the colors a bit in my quilt. 


(you can see my green blocks here. i guess i never blogged about them alone; they just got clumped in with some other blocks...)



i was a good little quilter, and followed the rules for September's blocks. (never mind that they just got finished this Saturday morning in November!) ha. 


i didn't think i really liked these blocks, but neither did i have the energy to come up with an alternate design for dark blue. 

however- after piecing them, they've grown on me, and i do like them now. 


this gives me 29 SquaredAway blocks to play with. i did enjoy piecing them, and using some more of my 3" squares (which do finally seem to be dwindling). i actually don't have any specific plans for these blocks, but i am considering sending them to a friend who had wanted to do the SA quilt, but for health reasons wasn't able to keep up. seems like a win/win- i had the fun of participating, and using up some of my fabric, and she'll have the fun of designing and finishing a quilt. i'll let you know how that works out... 

linking up to SoScrappy- and come back again soon, as i plan on catching up with some of my other RSC18 projects- like my BoHo 9 patch, and the Growing Up Odd quilt, too!

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

How kind of you to consider gifting the blocks to a friend. You are SEW special!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin