Friday, August 31, 2018

just under the wire...


WHAT?! it's still August while I'm posting this... haha! it was very busy at the beginning of the month, followed by a slow remainder of the month after loosing all our fall crops to some localized flash flooding...


 
but: we're all fine- house, children, belongings... and there's always next year (said almost every farmer ever..)


so: oranges and browns. pretty sparse in my stash- so it was fortuitous that both those colors were together, giving me a bit more to work with...


blogger grabbed the pictures all mixed up, so bear with me...


3 of the Squared Away BOM- you can tell I really dug deep to finish out these blocks..


and 12 eclectic and boho 9 patches. just a couple more months and colors to go...


fourteen 9 patches with kona indigo- don't know why I only got pictures of 8... I couldn't believe how many kona oranges I had- I think there were 8! not sure how that happened...


 
I've been busy with baby quilts (grandchild #4, a girl, due in a few weeks!) and after next week's baby shower, i'll share that quilt here) think: kona cotton solids and the 3" squares. I never seem to get tired of those...


click on over to soscrappy to see what everyone else is working on- and for the new color, too!

5 comments:

gayle said...

Digging deep for the oranges and browns paid off - lovely blocks!
I hope next year is kinder with the weather. Farming is so fraught...

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

You were busy! A lot of blocks, love the bright orange one ;)

Cathy said...

I think I saw most of your blocks on IG (certainly heard abou the awful flood). But it’s always nice to see them again. Hope you’re all doing well!

Katie Z. said...

I’m so sorry about the crops. That must have been quite a blow. We have had the opposite problem with borderline drought conditions. Tonight, in an hour, we finally had 2.7”!

scraphappy said...

Hopefully things will slow down this winter and you will have lots of time to catch up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin