Friday, February 02, 2018

purple: she is such a fickle color...

I would have said that I didn't have many purples in my stash...


I would have been wrong. I counted 81 unique purples (not all are pictured; some of them there was only one square)
 
but purple? she's so fickle... it seems as if she more often than not, can't decide if she wants to be brown, pink, red or blue...



I've pieced my 9 patch kona solids for the month- 12 blocks in lupine, nightfall, thistle, morning glory, berry, cerise, regal, plum and ??? as ever, kona indigo is the background.
 
I have a few other projects I'm working on, but happy to spend some time in the sewing room playing with my fabric.  see what everyone else has been creating here.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

I agree about purple being fickle colour!

Marly said...

Purple is a strange colour it's true. Here, in The Netherlands, if you ask for purple thread people ask if you want red purple or blue purple. I find that funny; in the UK red purple is called mauve, after the 19th century Dutch painter Mauve who painted many scenes of the heath, with purple heather flowers, surrounding his village. It seems to me that languages are fickle too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So true about purple! And they don't always play well together, either. But yours look wonderful with the indigo!

Ivani said...

Purple/pink or purble/blue You have a great collection of them to play with during February! ♥

Angie said...

I am always amazed at how well the indigo plays with all the other solids!

scraphappy said...

So many purples! It is always surprising to dig and find so many surprises in the scrap bin.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those Kona blocks are looking great. I'm amazed that you 81 unique PURPLE fabrics!! Hmm... That kind of makes me wonder. I'm not much of a "purple person." How many scraps will I find in February's Color of the Month???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin