Saturday, December 30, 2017

looking ahead {with excitment!} to RSC18!

2017 just flew by, and now it's time to look ahead to all the possibilities of RSC18! this will be my 5th year RSCing, and I'm just as excited as I was in RSC14!

 
as I'm sure you've probably heard on the news, the whole east coast is locked in a cold snap. as in Cold. Snap. like single digits! we've not been above freezing for over a week, and nothing above 26 is in the 10 day forecast. YIKES!
 
but: {secretly} that's ok with me. I like the slower pace of winter-time, and the chance to get some things done. (I don't make this unpopular announcement with hubby- we heat our house with wood, and the yucky weather does make lots of things harder around the farm)
 
in looking ahead to RSC18, here's what i have in mind:
 
  • last year I LOVED the indigo/kona solids 16 patch that I did. (to be sewn together soon. very soon) so this year i'll be doing indigo/kona solids again, but in 9 patches.
  • just last night I heard about a new BOM: over at Academic Quilters. I never quite got around to her BOM with my UFO last year, but I'm excited about this one: it uses squares! much of my scraps I cut into 3" squares, and the suitcase is overflowing again, so this should be perfect!
  • I'd like to make some more 9 patches with the 3" squares from my suitcase. this year, I want to focus less on the "rainbow-y" look, and I'm going to be shooting for more of an "eclectic bohemian" look. (lots of bloggers seem to do that effortlessly, especially Ashley and Rachel) I've nothing against rainbows, but I want a different looking quilt this year.
  • something new for me this year: (so new, I haven't even sewn a test block!) The Holiday Patchwork Forest. I've seen these quilts floating around on pinterest and instagram but didn't' really take note of them until i saw Carol's bright and cheery quilt, definitely not done in Christmas colors. of course, a quick instagram search brings up thousands more possibilities! I'll be narrowing down my color palette, and getting started on this for RSC18.
  • I have a few random UFOs floating around, which I may combine with my RSC18 sewing.... we'll see.
 
at any rate, I've lots of sewing to keep me busy, and out of trouble, for the coming months ahead. I've really enjoyed the community of quilters that I pal around with for RSC and the UFO challenges. thanks for being part of that community, and thanks for stopping by! make sure you click on over to Angie's to see what everyone else is doing- you never know when inspiration will strike!


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have loved your Kona solids 16 patch blocks every month - glad you'll still be sewing with those this year! Sounds like you have other fun plans, too. Happy New Year! (and stay warm:)

Monica said...

Yes, it is just as cold here, and I love it too. No allergies! But I'm sure the wood is a constant hassle. Anyway, happy new year, and see you in 2018!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I do like the cold sometimes too - I stay inside and enjoy - Hope your hubby gets a little extra hot chocolate for keeping you warm - ha ha! Love your plans! I want to do those improv trees too!! I was just getting the pattern!

Deb A said...

Winter is a great time to tuck in and work on quilting. I just checked my blog as I had all of them but seem to have deleted the old RSC ones. Angela might have them on the bottom of hers?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on that first ever RSC finish -- I hope to do a lot of that (finishing) in 2018. I have several tops that need to be quilted and bound and I'm GOING to get it done. You have ambitious plans for next year - good luck! (and stay warm)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE 2018's new RSC project!!! A friend of mine recently finished one of these. You are going to have SEW much fun!

scraphappy said...

Looks like lots of great projects in the works. Looks like a busy year to look forward to.

Katie Z. said...

Your plans sound fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin