Friday, November 10, 2017

those long nights of sewing...

we're in that time of year for us where the garden work is done and *mostly* cleaned up, and it's still not time for butchering- turkeys and pigs. does that mean I have *extra* time? no, not really {haha} but there have been lots of evenings where I can work in the sewing room, piecing away..


I felt like I had so many brown scraps, but I was able to get these 19 crumb blocks pieced in one evening: see above {those long nights of sewing...} from caramel to chocolate, all the browns are there...


can I say just one more time: these Kona indigo and the COM are my favorites? I say that every month... and I say that I say that every month...


I'm concentrating on getting some of my RSC16/17 blocks pieced into tops for our Great Quilt Gifting in early December, so these indigo 16 patches will have to wait until Christmas time-ish to get pieced into a top. BUT: they're at the top of my list- can't wait!!!
 
colors: (not in order) honey, sable, earth, pepper, chocolate, expresso and ???.

 
the 16 patch LV blocks are all done- and getting ready to be sewn into a top. I wasn't sure how I'd like them, but so far they're looking great. (sneak peek here) 


and a few (16) lonely pinks to add to the crumb stack. my {tallish] crumb stack is from RSC16 and RSC17. I have an idea how I'd like to piece them into tops; I'll start that project in the New Year. but I think I'll take a break from crumb blocks next year... (not that I'm running out of crumbs or anything... they're having babies up in the sewing room as. we. speak.)
 
speaking of RSC18: (18?! how did that even sneak up on us?!) I'm planning on participating again next year, but entirely uncertain what my blocks/projects will be... I'd like to do something that uses LOTS of my 3" squares from my suitcase of squares, but I'm not sure what I'd like. I want to do something a bit more multi-colored, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of RSC, right? I'll keep pondering, but I'm open to suggestions...

10 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Love those blocks. I've surprised myself at how the color brown is growing on me.
I've been contemplating 2018 RSC too and have several ideas. I think at the moment I have about 8 different possibilities listed!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always love your 16 patch blocks, too - now I want to go make some! Also love the different Kona names!

Marly said...

I like your 16-patch blocks; I've always liked "framed" blocks and am thinking of making dancing 9 patches for next year's main project - great as leaders and enders while I finish off my WIP's (and UFO's too hopefully!).

Kate said...

Lots of fun scrappy blocks up on your design wall. I love both sets of the dark blocks. It's scary how quickly 2018 is sneaking up on us. I'm still undecided on a RSC project for next year too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yummy chocolate-y BROWN sewing going on at your house. Enjoy!!

Julie in GA said...

So many gorgeous brown scrappy blocks (and some pretty pinks too!)
I can't wait to see your 16-patch blocks joined together!

Angie said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the Kona solids blocks come together! It's a treat each month to see what colors you've paired with the dark blue.

Sheila said...

Love, love, LOVE your scrappy blocks!

Cathy Tomm said...

You really got lots done this week. Love all the crumb blocks. Yes RSC 2018, not sure myself what I should do. I have many blocks sets close to being done. I should be finishing quilt from past RSC years.

a good yarn said...

So many wonderful blocks. I especially like your descriptions for the browns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin