Saturday, September 30, 2017

what happened to September?!

I didn't realize until just tonight when I sat down to write a post and link up with Angela, that I hadn't posted any of my oranges from this month on the blog!


I've been working on these Kona indigo and the COM all RSC17. at last count, after scrolling through my instagram, I think that I counted 70+! and we still have pink and brown to go... looking forward to getting this one done!

 
the colors? school bus, coral, flame, amber, terra cotta, tangerine, orange and nutmeg. I still have one (salmon) to go, but that's it...
 


 
six 16 patches for this month, plus some lurking (lost) red fabrics that I made into red crumb blocks that I found from March.
 

I surprised myself with 16 orange crumb blocks- would never have imagined that I had that much (and varied) orange scraps. I guess those few "donations" of scraps throughout the year made a bigger difference than I thought!
 
I showed my ever-growing stack of crumb blocks here, and right now I'm leaning towards Rachel's Rainbow Picnic Blanket but I definitely want to get some of my other, more traditional blocks sewn into tops first...

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Such great progress on your oranges. You really did dig up a nice variety.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Looks like a lot of great orange piecing fun.

Marly said...

I like your sixteen-patches! I've seen that layout using squares and strips, but think it's brilliant using scraps. They always add dynamism to a quilt. I think this will be my next leader and ender project. Thanks for the idea.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your orange blocks, all of them, are the nicest I've seen so far. The Konas are great with the indigo and the crumb blocks really sparkle. Great going! Have a fun week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of ORANGE goodness going on in your sewing room this month!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin