Saturday, September 16, 2017

it's so cheery it's glowing!


finally- finally- finally! a "finish" flimsy to report! I've been working on getting some UFOs done, and part of that is my lurking RSC quilts.


I got this top together Friday afternoon- it's the RSC16 Column-Along quilt. I did it in all kona solids- with Kona Coal as the background.


lurking about somewhere is the complete list of all the konas that I used in the quilt- certainly can be found on each individual post as I completed the rows... (not that any one, including me, really wants to hunt for it that hard...)



this is the twin size- I did not take the time to measure it, but it should be somewhere around 60"X72".  I wasn't too crazy about the (purple) butterflies, so I replaced that row with 16 patches. (a personal favorite!) the last 3 rows- blue, purple and brown include the accent colors that we used last year. I decided not to do that on the remaining 6 rows.
 
 
Helga the Icelandic Sheep can't bear to think that Daisy the Donkey might get all the attention.. I also made the couch size RSC16 Column-Along. despite some feverish sewing on my part, there were a couple hiccups along the way that will delay that reveal...
 

I see that Angie is also working on her Column-Along- click on over to see!
 
 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So pretty! I love the Kona Coal background with the bright solids!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree with the IG poster who commented that we need a page on your blog for all of Daisy's photo shoot photos! Congrats on the finish!!

scraphappy said...

So funny that we have both finished our RSC16 quilts at the same time. It looks great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats!! on getting the top of your RSC16 Quilt assembled. I especially like the rows where you added the accent colors. Best of luck with the finishing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin