I started piecing these "pinwheels" out of 2½" strips back in RSC15. (they're cut into 4½" squares, then 4 are sewn together. it's a pretty basic pattern...)
this year I started sewing the squares into the pinwheels, and since this month it's my UFO for the 2017 challenge over at Patchwork Times, I pulled it out again, finished and pressed all the blocks and worked on a layout.
it's a huge one- EQ says it's 101" X 113"! I love the look of the diagonally set quits, but those corner to corner seams sure seem like they're miles and miles long! 144" , or somewhere around there!
there were still 99 (!) blocks left over, and my youngest daughter, B and I arranged them into another quilt. since it's just a straight set, I'm hoping it will be a bit quicker to piece...
9 yellow crumb blocks round out my piecing for yellow this week. I still have a lot of yellow to work with, so I'm off to the sewing room!
click on over to so scrappy to see what everyone else is working on!