Saturday, April 22, 2017

spring has (finally!) sprung!

I've had just enough time in the sewing room this week...

the spring farm work has hit in earnest, and although we're farming and growing a bit differently this year (scaling down a bit) there is still a lot to be done. all spring it's: " nope, too wet to till. nope, too wet to seed. nope, frost coming- too cold to plant." then: BOOM! it's ready, and all needs to be done at once!


I had way more black/multi blocks and fabric than I thought. (isn't that always the case, though?)


I still have a few 16 patches to sew up in my "spare time", but I've been really busy sewing garments for my 2 youngest daughters.


A and B each chose a piece of yardage for a new Easter dress. B is wearing the blue, A the red. next week I should have a couple more dresses and such to share...

12 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job finding some time to sew this week! Love those blocks in the second photo. The easter dresses are lovely.

Kathy S. said...

A & B are adorable! Love your scrappy blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks look great! The 16 patches with dark and light centers are especially fun! And you're sewing Easter dresses, too - wow!

LA Paylor said...

heehee that little elephant in the block. my fave part

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! The girls have really grown! Glad you found some piecing time worked into your busy farming schedule.

Sheila said...

Beautiful Easter dresses and beautiful young ladies. You did good! They are growing up fast. My goodness, how time flies.
Love your blocks. FUN prints.

CathieJ said...

Those dresses are very pretty, as are the models. I really like the blocks that you sewed also. There are so many different pretty fabrics.

PaulaB quilts said...

The lucky girls look so sweet in their new dresses. They made good choices. I really like all you black multis. So much fun to discover new things, or old hidden ones.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Black multis have always been one of my favorites to work with - they have so much energy.

Nell's Quilts said...

Monkeys, elephants, thimbles, running shoes just to name a few of the motifs in your black prints. Love the layout for your 16 patch block. The girls look like they love their new dresses.

Katie Z. said...

We're having the same glorious spring problems! Good luck getting it all done.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Fun blocks and pretty dresses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin